Friday, January 27, 2012

While reviewing the cover of this book I took in some information that may give some insight about this story. The cover has a young girl with her skirt a little short and flowing in the wind. This may symbolize a character in the story with a bit of a wild side. The second thing I noticed was her bright red shoes. red is a very symbolic color and can be depictied in many ways. i analyzed the shoes as a bit permiscuous. This story reminds me some what of house on mango street which we had to read in ninth grade. Oh the joys of school literature! It seems like the type of story that might take a while to pick up. When reviewing the first couple of pages i notice that their is a huge family tree. With so many cousins, and aunts and parents... OH MY! I just had to go there! Hopefully this book will be a good and symbolic read! reading the back page gave you a little insight on how the book's plot will unravel. i believe the father is very hardworking and the daughters will become very rebellious. We will find out soon enough! keep on reading!

2 comments:

  1. Breanna, I also think that the girls are going to become rebellious after being in a different setting and country. I did not notice the bright red shoes, but that is a good point, that this could possibly be a sign of their rebellion. In what way does this story remind you of The House on Mango Street. I could possibly also see a connection, but that was not something that immediately came to my mind. The huge family tree also stood out to me, because there are so many people in their family and some with very interesting names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot to say in my first comment I also think the father may be hardworking, especially since he is going to have to do a lot of work to survive in the new country. I also would predict he may sort of grow apart from his daughters, for a little while. I thought this because I think the girls are going to become rebellious.

    ReplyDelete